Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NOTHING LACKING


Image credit me and the sysop on Flickr

Almighty God of more than enough,
I never seem to be quite enough!


I seem to fall just short of the mark;
yet within me shines Your Divine spark.


Can't reach the measure tho' on tiptoe;
stretched thin from the pull, can't patch the hole!


Help me compare myself with only
the love child you fashioned me to be.


Pour abundance into my weakness,
that my short supply never run dry...


of all I need to glorify You!


Messed up lately?  Feel you never quite measure up?  Most of us feel that way, much of the time, it seems--probably because we're only too aware of our own shortcomings--and/or because we tend to "compare ourselves among ourselves" --which God's Word says is not really wise.  You see, He created just one of you.  He understands exactly who you are now, how you came to be that way, all of your potential and limitations, your experiences, temperament, motivation.  No matter how you began, He wanted YOU!  He knew He could redeem your life, receive pleasure from it, and give you fulfillment--else He would never have given you life and preserved it till now.  Made "for the praise of His glory!"

It's not too late!  He knew all the choices you and others would make that would bring you to your present place.  You may have veered off the path of His perfect purpose, but nothing has taken Him by surprise; He has altered redemption for you accordingly.  I believe the end of all things is near at hand; whether or not that is correct, life is very fragile.  Make it count for eternity today; change direction if you need to.  Remember, His abundance can make up for any lack if we abide in Him and allow His Word to abide in us.  "You are complete (nothing lacking:) in Him."   Feel cherished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment