Thursday, May 19, 2011

CHIRO CHOIR

piano music as you've never seen it!




Making music massages the soul,
releases tensions, makes me feel whole.

As fingers touch keys, tingling song frees
pent melancholy to harmony.

Attitude is adjusted today;
angst anger knots are kneaded away.

Muscles of resentment sigh, relaxed;
ligaments of patience, gently stretched.

Discontented discs, healed in the spine;
whole being restored; hope, realigned.

So hit the fortissimo before you explode!
Or play pianissimo--more tender than bold.

Whatever your mood, make melody ring
through voice, fingers, and musical strings! 


If music can tame even the savage beast, it should surely help its subduer(?:) to subdue his own emotions, don't you think?!:)  Really, music is one of our Creator's greatest gifts for expression.  What a wonderful outlet!  Personally, I like a blend of classical; sacred hymns; some praise and worship choruses; a smattering of gospel songs, a few sentimental love songs; happy, fun music; and a bit of bluegrass with a great 5-string banjo thrown in for my beloved brother!

Your taste may be completely different, of course; I suppose I'm a bit of an oddity.  I like joyful sounds, but not just noise.  However, as in food, what one finds delicious seems inconceivable that others wouldn't like; what one detests, one wonders how another could enjoy!  Don't worry.  I think God appreciates variety, too.  But music should uplift and raise your thoughts higher--not sink them into a pit of despair or depravity!  Nor should we find delight and pleasure in hearing about infidelity and sick scenes.  It may be real life, but we see enough of that on a daily basis, don't you think; why engrave it into our minds more?  We are to think of whatever is pure, lovely, true, virtuous, of good report...please watch the lyrics.  And as a "gift", God really didn't mean for your music to deafen you:), tempt you into wrong choices, or leave you downcast. 
Of course, I think music, like so many things, is best if you can participate.  I bless the day the old player piano from the church campground was brought to our house to keep it from the weather.  What marvelous memories were made around it!  I learned to play by ear, because of it.  Countless hours of joy (and release of sadness), nostalgic moments, and pure worship have come from my heart and soul through my fingers.  For the past 11 years, I've enjoyed the honor of ministering as the church organist.  Thank you, Lord, for music! :)  And let everything that has breath praise the Lord!



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes with I had more time to sit down and play - no pressures or demands on my time. As it is, time is a luxury.

    Enjoying your posts. Don't know where in the world you get your pics to illustrate your point, but they certainly make your writings even more poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, faithful encourager & friend. Up till now, my daughter has kindly taken care of that detail. (Sometimes I suggest what I'd like; then she finds it & makes the connection! She's trying to give me directions so that I can handle it. May take awhile:)

    ReplyDelete