Monday, May 16, 2011

GOD'S LOVE SONG

Image credit hcplebranch on Flickr
Hey, Listen!  Stop the traffic!
Come away from the noise of
strife and everyday life--for
Jehovah God is singing!

Can it be?  He sings of me!
Bumbling, forgetful, sidetracked,
"What's wrong with you, dumb driver?"
--Me!  Only not those lyrics--

He calls me His work of art,
His painting, sculpture, poem--
Birthed in His heart and enjoyed
when I let Him--imagine!

His love song is for you, too.
You are beautiful, unique;
He speaks your name with great pride;
He seeks what He placed inside.

Someone scribbled on His drawing,
carelessly spilled ink on His poem,
scrapped His sculpture with clumsy hands,
but He stands, ready to redeem--

Buy back again the masterpiece
He paid for with His life and then
make it new.  With original
design in mind, God sings over...
YOU!


"The Lord, Thy God, in the midst of thee, is Mighty...He will joy over you with singing..."May you listen with the ears of your spirit and hear His serenade, especially for you today:)  No impatient disgust in His voice, just reassuring, recreating love.

3 comments:

  1. Precious dear, it did not even post as intended; the last verse was mixed up, & it left out some commentary. Couldn't remember all so just minimized. The poem itself was a quick diddly, but it just came to me one day when I needed a bit of comfort; so glad it helped you today:) (Tho' I think ur quite a work of art myself!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hi anyone who reads this. I've found a new friend, Linda, who posts Truthful Tidbits--Bits & Pieces of My Life. Visit her and enjoy!:)

    ReplyDelete